- I'm male, can I get involved with SCWIST?
- I’m not a scientist, can I still join SCWIST?
- Where does SCWIST deliver programs?
- How long has SCWIST been around?
- I want to get involved, what kinds of volunteer opportunities do you have?
- I’m looking for a mentor, how do I find one?
- How do I post a job with you?
SCWIST is an inclusive organization, men and women who support SCWIST’s mission are welcome to volunteer, become members, and attend our events.
Absolutely! Anyone who believes in the mission and goals of SCWIST is welcome to join, attend our events, and volunteer.
SCWIST’s office is located in Vancouver. Programs are offered throughout BC and the Yukon, but delivery is concentrated in the lower mainland.
SCWIST was founded in 1981 and still going strong!
SCWIST can provide you with the opportunity to develop a network that includes support, encouragement, and mentorship. The best way to find a mentor is to get out and get involved: come to one of our many events, volunteer for one of our committees, or simply sign up and start reading our newsletters. SCWIST members include people at all stages of their careers, many of whom would be happy to suggest potential mentors (or even volunteer themselves). If you’re looking for something specific, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll see what we can do!
We want to help you recruit the top talent for your organization! Email us at resourcecentre [at] scwist[dot] ca and we'll let you know about the options we offer for posting STEM related jobs with us.